💻 We are hiring! ☀️
Position: Volunteer/Camp Coordinator
Organisation: Limpopo Eco Operations (LEO Africa), South Africa
LEO Africa is a big 5 and wildlife monitoring and conservation volunteer project located on Abelana Game Reserve, Gravelotte, Limpopo, South Africa. Our mission is to help and provide Reserve Management with relevant information on the key species on the reserve, such as lion, leopard, elephant, white rhino and hyena, as well as conducting conservation work and contributing towards anti-poaching activities. LEO Africa is the only monitoring facility in the reserve, making our work vital for the management of the reserve. LEO Africa is also an environmentally conscious organisation, operating in a responsible way and promoting sustainable living.
LEO Africa is seeking a dedicated, committed, hardworking and enthusiastic volunteer/camp coordinator to join our team. You will be responsible for the daily functioning of the base camp of our project, which houses the volunteers. You will be involved in several aspects of conservation, wildlife monitoring (when the possibility arises) alongside duties at LEO base. Volunteers that join our project assist us in our work.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
• Volunteer induction
• Management and coordination of volunteer activities at base
• Liaison between volunteers and program operations/manager
• Cooking and supervising cleaning of camp
• Marketing duties
• Office work
• Recruitment of staff members (when necessary)
• Data insert and analysis
• Supervising volunteers in data entry for wildlife monitoring data/photo insert
• Light house and yard work
• Tending to garden nursery
Qualifications / Experience:
• Management and coordination of volunteers
• Ability to delegate tasks
• Efficient, happy and organized
• Comfortable speaking in front of crowds, and taking control of situations
• Marketing experience
• Valid First Aid certificate
• Computer literacy skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Good communication skills with fluent English, both spoken and written
• Ability to interact with people from different countries and diverse backgrounds.
• Physically fit, able to work in unfavourable conditions (e.g. heat or rain)
• Honest, trust-worthy and reliable
• Self-motivated, hard-working, organised and flexible in their work approach
• Must be able to work under pressure, independently and as a team with other staff members and volunteers
• Passionate about sustainable living, their work and that of LEO Africa
• Clean criminal record/proof of police check (visa)
• Cooking experience
• Past coordinator experience
• Valid PDP license
• Experience with data collection, organisation and animal identification
Food: Three meals per day will be provided. Meals out at own expense.
Accommodation: A private room with shared bathroom.
Term of Appointment: Fixed Terms
Leave cycle: 6 days on, 2 days off. On the day off the volunteer coordinator can leave camp or join the drives (if there is space available on the vehicle) or simply stay at base.
💥 Start Date: Immediately
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Volunteer/ Camp Coordinator’.
Position available until filled.